These are tasty tiny loaf cakes.
I had seen these mini loaf cake cases in Sainsburys a few times, but I bought a pack to try them out.
The recipe is based on the weight of two eggs
- 3 standard eggs
- Take the same weight of two of the eggs of soft butter
- Take the same weight of two of the eggs in caster sugar
- Take the same weight of two of the eggs in self-raising gluten-free flour
- Vanilla essence
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Half a pack of chocolate chunks.
Cream the sugar and butter until you have a smooth consistency.
Beat the eggs, add some vanilla essence.
Stir the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar with some of
the flour, until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
Then fold in the remaining flour and the cocoa until it is combined with the rest of the mixture.
Then stir in the chocolate chunks, leaving some to add to the top of each mini loaf.
Spoon into a the mini loaf cake cases. The mixture should be enough for five or six cases.
Bake in a 180º normal oven or 160º fan oven for 25 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
You can add fudge icing for extra decadence if you wanted to.